Donation and Sponsorship
This policy sets out the rules and guidelines for requesting a donation or sponsorship from the Port of Sept-Îles.
A donation/sponsorship is financial assistance in the form of goods or services to help an organization carry out an activity, event or project in return for promotion, advertising, visibility or access to business potential to be leveraged from the sponsored activity, event or project.
The Port focuses its support on social and humanitarian causes that help families and the community.
Only non-profit organizations are eligible.
Donations or sponsorships may be provided in exceptional cases meeting the eligibility requirements and approved by the board of directors.
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
- Social groups whose rules of operation segregate members based on gender, political affiliation, race or religion
Eligibility and other requirements
- Organizations must be located in and serve Sept-Îles and/or Port-Cartier
- Projects must involve the financial or material participation of other organizations and/or companies
All requests for donations and sponsorships must be made formally in writing and include:
- A detailed description of the project or activity, including the total amount to be raised and amounts received from other organizations and/or companies
- All basic information (organization’s full contact information, point of contact and event date)
- A summary of the organization’s profile, purpose, area of operation, etc.
- The organization’s financial statements from the last 2 years (for requests of $2,500+)
- A description of the visibility offered
Exceptions may be granted by the Port of Sept-Îles board of directors.
The Port reserves the right to request an event or project debrief.
The donation and sponsorship request form is available online at www.portsi.com.
Requests under $2,500 must be received at least 2 weeks before the date by which the organization would like to receive a response.
Requests of $2,500+ must be received at least 6 weeks before the date by which the organization would like to receive a response.
Incomplete applications require additional processing time and may be rejected.
Payment of a donation or sponsorship in any given year does not set a precedent for future years.
The Port may consider the possibility of providing a donation or sponsorship for more than 1 year.
When making an agreement, the Port may require recognition or visibility in return for the donation or sponsorship. The Port reserves the right to approve wording in which it is mentioned and visuals using its logo.